The following habits should be done daily:
- Start the day with your affirmations.
- Remind yourself that the universe is out of your control. You’re only in control of yourself. (If you’re a believer, this is the time to remind yourself that God is in control).
- Stretch in the morning.
- Take at least one long walk. If you want to recover faster, take shorter walks, too.
- Practice mind control and deep breathing to keep your mind in check.
- End your day by planning the next day, journaling (Morning and Evening Rituals), and meditating for at least 5 minutes.
- Get quality sleep. If you can’t, plan the next day so your sleep will be better.
- Plan something fun, preferably where you’ll see your male friends.
- Plan exercise, if you don’t have a routine to go back to. Do whatever exercise you will actually do.
Plan a bigger adventure – with your wife, girlfriend, a friend, or friends. Get away from your house and your workplace. Eat somewhere new. Hike a new park. Run a new race. Explore a new museum.